Market Research Analysts
Position Start Date:Immediate
Rate of Pay:$20/Year
Number of Positions Available:1
Average Hours Per Week:40
- iSTORM New Media Inc
- 303 Bagot St. Unit 208
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7K 5W7
You could be perfect for this position if you are organized, efficient, innovative and up-to-date on market trends. Duties will include creating reports for Marketing Managers about feasibility and costing as well as assisting with the implementation and fulfillment of marketing plans. A degree/diploma is preferred. Two positions available.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
- Direct trained survey interviewers.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools - Notebook computers, Personal computers, Desktop computers, Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers
- Technology - Content workflow software, Analytical or scientific software, Customer relationship management CRM software, Categorization or classification software
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Related Work Experience - Over 2 years
- Required Level of Education - University Degree or College Diploma