Position Start Date:Immediate
Rate of Pay:Commensurate with experience
Number of Positions Available:1
Average Hours Per Week:20
- iSTORM New Media Inc
- 303 Bagot St. Unit 208
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7K 5W7
You could be perfect for this position if you are fluent in any of the following languages:
The position requires translation of marketing material and customer email correspondence to and from English. Work will be remunerated at an hourly rate and volume will be flexible. Summer, Part-time and Full-time positions are available.
- Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors.
- Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Read written materials, such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
- Refer to reference materials, such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks, as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Foreign Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign (non-English) language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Required Level of Education - Doctoral Degree, Degree or Diploma