Customer Service Representatives
Position Start Date:Immediate
Rate of Pay:$20.00/Hour
Number of Positions Available:1
Average Hours Per Week:40
- iSTORM New Media Inc
- 303 Bagot St. Unit 208
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7K 5W7
You could be perfect for this position if you have exceptional conversational skills and the ability to multi-task and use problem solving skills to create total customer satisfaction and loyalty. You bring enthusiasm and commitment to your work and always retain a professional, congenial and diplomatic demeanor under pressure. You have a good working knowledge of the Internet, email and have the motivation to learn new software applications as required. A background in Customer Service is a definite asset.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization - Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools - Automated attendant systems, Automatic call distributor ACD, Autodialers, Cash registers
- Technology - Data base user interface and query software, Contact center software, Electronic mail software, Customer relationship management CRM software
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Required Level of Education - Bachelor's Degree or Diploma