Position Start Date:Immediate
Rate of Pay:Commensurate with experience
Number of Positions Available:1
Average Hours Per Week:40
- iSTORM New Media Inc
- 303 Bagot St. Unit 208
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7K 5W7
You could be perfect for this position if you can use HTML proficiently. Knowledge of PHP/MYSQL is not necessary, but an added bonus. You must be an enthusiastic learner and motivated in both a team and individual environment. One position available.
- Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform or direct web site updates.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
- Renew domain name registrations.
- Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with web sites.
- Write supporting code for web applications or web sites.
- Communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites.
- Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Perform web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any web site or product revisions.
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
- Incorporate technical considerations into web site design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
- Develop and document style guidelines for web site content.
- Develop web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards.
- Establish appropriate server directory trees.
- Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Create searchable indices for web page content.
- Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic.
- Provide clear, detailed descriptions of web site specifications such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
- Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- Create web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Category Flexibility - The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools - Desktop computers, High capacity removable media drives, Computer servers, Notebook computers
- Technology - Data base management system software, Application server software, Data base reporting software, Content workflow software
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Required Level of Education - Bachelor's Degree or Diploma