Position Start Date:Immediate
Number of Positions Available:3
Average Hours Per Week:40
- iSTORM New Media Inc
- 303 Bagot St. Unit 208
- Kingston, Ontario
- K7K 5W7
You could be perfect for this position if you have a strong familiarity with PHP/MYSQL development for the web. A UNIX background and college level programming education are preferable. Must be able to work in high pressure situations to deliver solutions quickly and accurately for demanding clients. Three positions available.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools - Desktop computers, Mainframe computers, Computer servers, Serial port cards
- Technology - Charting software, Analytical or scientific software, Compiler and decompiler software, Application server software
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Related Work Experience - Experience is a bonus
- Required Level of Education - Bachelor's Degree or Diploma